Small Town Living. Big City Amenities.
Located, just 35 miles from downtown San Antonio, La Vernia offers the advantages of a small, country community with plenty of business opportunities that are ideal for young professionals and growing families. La Vernia offers all the benefits of a small, tight-knit community with the world class amenities of our neighbor, San Antonio, including professional sports teams, world class entertainment and shopping and abundant professional opportunities spanning dozens of industries. Add to that a major highway system that connects us to the region and the nation, our low crime rate, low taxes, affordable housing and excellent school district and you’ll see why La Vernia is a great place to call home.
Advantages of Living in La Vernia
- Low city tax rate of $0.19 per $100
- 30,000 people within a 10 mile radius of La Vernia
- 35 minute drive to downtown San Antonio
- Less than a 20 minute drive from 3 Interstate Highways – IH-10, I-35, and IH-37
- AAAA School District in TEA Region 20
- Centrally located in Eagle Ford Shale
- 2 ½ hours away from the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico
- More than 14 colleges and universities located within 45 miles of La Vernia
- Affordable electric, sewer, waste water, natural gas and fiber optic utilities