Benefits of Business in Texas
There are numerous benefits as to why companies choose to do business in Texas as compared to other states. With no corporate income tax and no individual income tax, Texas has one of the lowest tax burdens in the country, ranking as a Top 10 Best State in the Tax Foundation’s 2015 State Business Tax Index (http://taxfoundation.org/article/2015-state-business-tax-climate-index). In addition to our great Tax benefits, Texas is also a right to work state.
- No State is home to more Fortune 1,000 corporate headquarters than Texas.
- Texas is the Number 1 state for job creation over the past 12 months (May 2011 to May 2012).
- By December 2011, Texas had regained the total number of jobs lost in the state during the recession, while the U.S. as a whole had restored only 34% of total jobs lost.
- At the beginning of 2012, Texas was the only Top 20 state with more jobs than 3 years ago. (August 2008- March 2011)
- In May 2012, Texas had the lowest unemployment rate among the ten largest states. Our unemployment is below the national average sitting under 7%.
Local Tax Rates
Local Sales Tax Rate:
- Retail Sales Tax: 8.25
|Local Property Tax Rates
|City of La Vernia||
|Wilson County Emergency Services||
|Wilson County Hospital||
|San Antonio River Authority||
|La Vernia ISD||
|Evergreen UWC District||
Comparing Medical Cost
Average Cost Comparisons in Texas cities:
Adult Preventative Primary Care Visit
San Antonio: $118
MRI of Lower Back
San Antonio: $1,360
Source: San Antonio Business Journal. Oct. 2015